Monday, July 9, 2012

Watercolor (Ugly Friday)

So I planned this blog post for Friday but my husband got off work super early so we were out and about pretty much the whole weekend.

There are times when I do my nails and I'm like "Wow, that idea just does not work...." and I pull out the acetone and scub my poor nails clean and begin again.  Instead of that being just a bunch of wasted time, I decided I would TRY(key word here) to have ugly nail Fridays where I post my ugly nasty manicures that I particularly don't like.

One day while perusing my blogs, I saw this super neat manicure that people were calling watercolor nails; it kinda looks like they are watercolored duh.  So I was like ok lets give it a go.

lamp light

So here they are; my husband shouted in horror at the sight of my nails.  While I was taking the time to tediously perfect these, I hated them.  I just couldn't seem to get them the way I wanted them to be.  Now I did end up wearing these allll weekend and they did grww on me.  My mom looked at them and thought they were the best nails yet so to each his own.

natural light(kinda blurry)

flash


I do think that I MAY do this manicure again; near the end I felt like I was getting it more the way I wanted it to be.

Polishes:
NYC French White Tip
China Glaze Sun Worshiper
China Glaze Sun-Kissed
China Glaze Surfin' for Boys
China Glaze Ride the Waves
 A England Avalon

Anyway, anyone actually like the way this turned out?  Hopefully my son won't be crazy (he has started crawling and gets into everything.)  and I'll be able to post every day this week! Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment