Monday, July 23, 2012

Matt and Dots


I had a whole different post planned but then I just finished my nails today and loved them so much that this post had to come first. 
I see all the matt nails that everyone posts on their blog and I decided that I must jump on this band wagon!

These might be my favorite nails so far.  I very first saw the gradient dot manicure on chalkboard nails blog here(btw she is one of my favorites!)  So I decided that I would have a go at it and I think it came out beautifully.  I choose a matt base its China Glaze’s Stone Cold from the Hunger Games Collection.  It’s very thick to apply and dries relatively fast and matt.  It happens to be the only matt nail polish I have in my collection but it is pretty dang awesome. 


So after I did this last night I wanted to do shiny things on top of it with my stamp set but no matter what I did none of the colors I actually wanted were working so I slept on it.  This morning I woke up renewed and ready to make some art. 
I decided to try my skills at gradient dotting and I think it came out great!  For all you people out there who think you need to purchase dotting tools to actually do this that is not the case.  I used a simple bobby pin and the bottom of a paint brush and I think this came out perfectly. 




Anyway thanks for reading I really do LOVE these nails, if you feel like it follow me or leave me a comment and tell me what you think J
 Polishes:
China Glaze Stone Cold(Sparkly Grey Matt)
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Speedy Sunburst(Pinky Coral)
Icing Little Blue Box(Tealy Blueish Greeny, very hard to see the true color in the pictures)
Julep Susie(White Baby Blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment