Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Julep Maven

I was planning on posting this yesterday, but Erik(my son) was in an extra bad mood so it was a no go. 

Anyway as I said last time I got my Julep Maven box on Saturday which was extremely exciting.  For those of you who don't know what a "Julep Maven Box" is, it's a monthly service where you pay $19.99 a month and they send you a lovely box that has nail polish and other beauty products in it.  I actually got my very first box for .01 cent, it had two polishes a nice foot creme to make your feetsies nice and smooth.  The July box was very nice (I'm killing my computer right now cause its moving 9gigs of pictures and trying to make a blog post.)





This is what the box looks like when it comes in the mail.  Its tiny and cute, it makes you all excited!


This is what was inside when I opened it.  I left out the card that introduces the box to you, but that's not really necessary.  July's box came with THREE nail polishes (usually it's only two.)  A lip gloss, a coupon for one free polish, and atomic red hots.  It was pretty awesome.



From left to right the polishes are America, Frieda, and Audrey.  The box came with its little introduction card but on the back of it it had a manicure idea for you to do with the nail polish they sent.  So I was like why not give it a go.



First I did a basecoat of Audrey, it's very translucent this was three coats and you could still my nail line underneath.  It doesn't really matter though because for the mani I painted Frieda on the tips.


This is the final product.  I think it came out nicely if you were doing it for say maybe a Valentine nail.  I free handed the tips, I'm quite proud of that fact.  Anyway until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment